LOCAL CHURCH PRAYER COORDINATORS ARE THE HEART OF NEW ENGLAND PRAYS.
The prayer coordinator is responsible for organizing one day/month prayer in their local church and keeping their church connected to the larger movement. Here's a description of what Local Church prayer Coordinators are responsible for:
PRAYER COORDINATOR ROLES AND FUNCTION
- Appointed and affirmed by Senior Pastor/Leader.
- Develops the team of intercessors to cover New England Prays in the local church.
- Leads ongoing communication to and from the team.
Organizes and facilitates the church’s day of prayer.
- Coordinates with senior pastor / leadership team to develop prayer points from within the church to use in tandem with the NE Prays points of prayer (distributed by regional NE Prays Coordinator).
- Stays in communication with New England Prays initiative by checking and responding to emails.
- Participates in occasional (quarter/semi-annual) gatherings of prayer coordinators (per state) for further training, encouragement, and prayer.
- Participates in annual gathering for regional prayer coordinators for further training, encouragement, and prayer.
- The NE School of Prayer will also be accessible for the prayer coordinator and intercessors to be equipped and trained in prayer.
RECRUITING THE CHURCH TEAM
- Helps lead the local congregation to fill a 24 hour day with “faith filled” prayer.
- Provides ways for people to sign up for prayer time commitments, i.e., 15 minutes, 30 minutes, one hour - each church to determine best format for their team.
- Contacts each intercessor (by e-mail or text), at least 24 hours prior to day of prayer for reminder and encouragement.
ENCOURAGEMENT AND FOLLOW UP
Follows-up and encourages the people who commit to their prayer assignment.
Discusses how the prayer time is going and identifies resources and / or training that may be helpful.
- Looks for and shares answers to prayer. (Note: Expect monthly communication from the NE Prays Coordinator both to hear and share answers to prayer and new prayer requests).
- Communicates with the pastors / leaders at both the local church level and the regional level to receive prayer requests and to share prayer progress and answers to prayer.
RESOURCING THE PRAYER COORDINATOR AND THE LOCAL CHURCHES
- Besides creating a canopy of united, strategic prayer in the region, part of the goal for New England Prays is to help create a stronger “culture of prayer” within each church and in the community as a whole.
- To accomplish this we will work to identify and make available a variety of prayer tactics and best practices for churches to consider.
- The emerging “NE School of Prayer” is one resource that is currently in development
- We will also seek to pray and learn from one another as we journey in prayer together.
“He must increase, but I must decrease” (John 3:30)